Sunday 6 November 2011

Captain Sheldon Cooper

If you could spend a year with any real or fictional person in the past, present, or future, whom would you choose? Why? (Kalamazoo College/93) 



If I had the opportunity to spend a year with anyone, I would want to spend it with Jim Parsons as Sheldon Cooper (from the Big Bang Theory), primarily because he's my favourite 'character' from all the shows/movies that I've watched. His personality in the show is pretty sarcastic and clueless, which makes for good laughs for the people who watch it. Being a physicist, his explanations for and about things that other people say often make no sense to the people he is talking too. He goes on long rants explaining the details behind a situation and often 'blows things way out of proportion' as his co-character Leonard says.
Besides Cooper being my favourite character, I admire his ways of making people laugh. His character is funny without trying to be, he makes great expressions that make you laugh, he's so clueless around others he makes you laugh because he simply doesn't know anything about social values. The credit really goes to the writers of the show, but he is the one who brings the words to life, making them enjoyable for the viewers. Anyone that has those skills on their own (without the help of a script), can be respected, in my opinion, because they are fun, and are not purposely trying to get attention.
If I was with him for a length of time, I would shadow him to find out how he studied, how he learned, and how he got to be so bad in the arts of social activity. It would be fun to learn about his past; more than that he wanted to build things in his room and therefore had no social interaction, and that he was a brainiac which also added to his social issues. I'd want to know about his past, and not so much his thoughts about the present, because the past is what shaped him to what he is now.


No comments:

Post a Comment